Skip to Main Content
print small medium large 


RCMP Officers

The Prince Edward Island Police Act complaints process does not apply to the RCMP.  As a national entity, there is a separate process for addressing complaints about members of the RCMP. 

If the complaint is against the RCMP, you can make it at any RCMP Detachment in Canada.  If you are uncomfortable making the complaint at an RCMP office, or if you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the RCMP, you can contact the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the RCMP.  The Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP is an independent agency created by Parliament to ensure that public complaints made about the conduct of RCMP members are examined fairly and impartially.

Anyone with concerns about the conduct of an RCMP member can call the CPC at 1-800-665-6878. More information on the complaints process is available at
back to top